Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's del.icio.us!

I found del.icio.us on Friday. I already knew about it as a concept, but I thought it was pretty worthless until I actually went past the wikipedia article and visited the site.
Possibly the most powerful tool I've seen thus far was the top picks list. Updated constantly, the thing basically keeps a nice little treasure trove of worthless links- exactly the kind of stuff I explore the internet for.
One of these particular links I found is something called Laser Tag. This particular bit of digital graffiti is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen. See, this group got a really powerful projector, a camera, a laptop, and a green laser pointer, turned the projector to an empty building, and tagged a building with an image that could be see for miles.
Check it out:
http://graffitiresearchlab.com/?page_id=76
Also, in the blog post, under the link big fucking laser, a longer discussion over the actual software and (possibly) how to substitute the tools that they used for your own cheaper substitutes so that your own laser tagging doesn't cost $8000.
Anyhoo, I thought this was pretty cool, so I decided to share it. Someday, when I have about $1000 and a week of free time, I'll get to putting my own rig together.

'til then
Gen. Danvs

No comments: